The IDEAS conference is always one of my favorite conferences of the year. Some of my favorite things about this conference include:
- Customer issues with data quality and integration. I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing about the problems and issues the SAS DataFlux customers are having. I can bounce those issues up against many of my other clients’ issues and problems, and hopefully come up with a new IDEA. Networking and sharing IDEAS is what helps us all be successful in our data management initiatives.
- Customer success stories are so fun to listen to. The ones where upper management is involved in data management, data governance or master data management thrill me to death. Do you know how hard it is to get upper management engaged when it is ONLY DATA? Hard to do, but the DataFlux customers seem to do it best.
- Seeing and listening to how the DataFlux customers use the tools and methodologies is always a ton of fun, and sharing information enables other customers to be successful. Yes, the DataFlux customers carry the torch of knowledge when it comes to data quality and integration.
- Harassing Scott Gidley is one of my favorite pastimes at the conference. At every IDEAS conference I have been to (and I think it is nine), the new options and enhancements presentation by Scott is by far one of my favorite things to listen to. I applaud his team’s industry leadership and driving these tools forward every year.
- Then there is staff that puts this conference together…IDEAS IS THE BEST!
Hope to see you at this year’s event!